So, who else celebrates their pup’s birthday just like they’re one of the kids? We sure do over here! We make sure our little guy has a fun day with a special dinner, a birthday treat and a special outing at a fun new place. Lots of fun, lots of pictures and lots of love. Dogs deserve the best!
So, this year, I’ve decided to go with a pup cake. This is a super quick recipe that you don’t even have to measure. Just mix it all together and bake.
½ apple, finely chopped (or any fruit your dog likes)
1 Tablespoon of peanut butter
A couple scoops of canned pumpkin puree
½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix all the ingredients together. (I used the magic bullet to chop my apple really quick.)
- Grease a ramekin and fill it with the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a cooling rack.
- Add your frosting. (You can simply just add Greek yogurt or more peanut butter) Need to save a few calories, mix peanut butter powder with a little water. This makes a great frosting.